Tuesday, June 15, 2010

anxiety: the what will happen syndrome!

Anxiety

It seems that the buzz word of the generation now. I have been teaching in management colleges from last 5 years. Every year I come across so many new students. They all come from different parts of the country with different educational and cultural background. They all have one thing common that is their abstracted goal.

They carry one thing is bulk. Anxiety, the will happen then…syndrome. Believe me majority have them join post graduate courses because of this reason only.

Either they have a fear of loosing what they have, a fear of getting ridiculed or a fear of being out casted amongst their own people or a desire of being someone unique, extraordinarily different.

These are abstractive goals. First thing that I get to hear from them is their introduction. This is where I get to hear the maximum used phrased “I want to be successful”. What a vast spectrum! How would one define it in specific terms. How will you realize that you are successful.

Will there be a certification awarded that authenticates success or some kind of emotions are felt on being successful.

Churning out a little they come up with same answer.

I will be happy when I get success. That means the day I get my favorite car or getting that favorite job or even getting married to the loved one.

Read again “I will be happy” so happiness is the outcome of success. It is a final essence for which they have been running around for. They travel so far, they work so hard and even struggle for so long to feel this emotion. Even the fancy car doesn’t comes with it. It lies with in them. Within all of us. The problem is we with some much of education analyze the past and plan the future and in this zest the present gets lost some where.

My first wish to every student or learner or any body is you become successful they day you start being happy.

The intensity of pain and happiness cannot be measured. A man riding a new car cannot say his happiness is more than the poor man who some how managed to buy a new cycle.

Or the mother who has her baby cannot say her pain is more than the lady who lost her husband.

If you are happy you are the most successful person in this life. If you have million dollars and you are still upset then there is something really wrong with you.

I conducted a survey where I asked 70 young graduates if they would like to spend a weekend with family or with their friends. The 90% opted for friends or some one else but certainly not family.

Imagine how would you feel if tomorrow your child grows up and tells you that he doesn’t like your company. Why is it so?

There is a lack of love in families now. Kids look around for friends, social networking sites, movies, affairs, hostel and several other means.

Principle is very simple what you give is what you get. The universe works on laws of attraction we get what we release in this universe. For example a family where parents give time and love ultimately get time and love whereas in a family where dad gives humiliation and money. He gets the same when child grows up.

Make sure you invest wisely in your relations…

Prince gera

(pardon spellings)

No comments:

Post a Comment